Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Things I have learnt while packing up my life

One of the more tedious parts of preparing for a trip overseas of indefinite length is dividing my material possessions into one of three categories:
a) Take with me (clothes mainly- only a backpack on holiday, plus a couple of boxes of work clothes sent in advance)
b) Store at parents' residences (nice furniture, exotic glassware, miscellaneous household goods)
c) Sell or give to Salvation Army (everything else)

For me, CDs and DVDs fall into b) as I would feel embarrassed to give some of my movies to the Salvation Army.

Thus I have discovered that the attrition rate for CDs within my care is around 3.7%, as I have 15 CD cases with no CDs within. With DVDs my attrition rate is much better, as I have only 1 DVD case with no DVD within. Unfortunately, it is one of my favourites. Why couldn't the DVD leprechauns take one of the crappier movies in my collection?

No comments: